Sunday, April 12, 2009

Preparing for a trip to Austria

Thursday March 2, 2009
So the brother of my German grandmother lives in Germany in a town called Wiesbaden, located in the west. He and his family have invited me on their yearly Easter skiing vacation. So long ago I booked a train ticket to Wiesbaden for the entire week before Easter. I have never been skiing before so they signed me up for beginner ski lessons. But I think I would like to snowboard. We will see what is possible. Either way I'm sure the trip will be amazing. They have also gathered the clothing required for me to ski in. This is yet another prime example of German hospitality. Two other families are going with us and my cousin is bringing two friends of his. So I will be in a room full of teenage boys! haha This should be interesting!
We will drive on a Saturday which could prove to be tricky. Many German people get two or three weeks of vacation for Easter so there will most definitely be many, many cars on the Autobahn. Our drive from Wiesbaden to Kaprun, Austria should take about 6 hours, depending on traffic. Then we will begin the week with a traditional family bar-b-q! This is apparently how we kick-off the ski trip! I hope we get to have some beef as it is not so prevalent in Germany. I’m predicting we will most definitely have würstchen (small bratwursts), chicken, and pork steaks. Yummy!
I will not have access to the internet during the week in Austria so I will post all my blogs upon my arrival back to Wiesbaden. I love you all!!!!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment