Sunday, April 12, 2009

snowboarding hurts

Monday March 6, 2009
Ok so today was my second day of learning to snowboard. One word describes how I feel right now: OUCH! The first day was not so difficult. But we didn't go up on the top of the mountain. We just stayed on a relatively flat part and the instructors held our hands and didn't let us fall. But today... we went up the mountain. I’m pretty sure I’ve never fallen so much in my life. Thank goodness Uncle Falk and Moni found me a Helmet! By lunch time I was ready to throw in the towel, I was so frustrated! But then I went with another instructor who was more patient and things started getting better. The other Texas Tech student that lives with my host family told me "The first 8 hours you spend snowboarding you will be on you backside. But if you just stick with it then you can make it." And folks, surprisingly, he was right. The first 8 hours were really hard. And right now my body feels like I was in a car accident. But now I can feel a slight progression. The class lasts for 6 days. So hopefully by Friday I'll be a champ!
The other kids in the snowboard class are way younger than me. I might actually be older than the instructor! haha But it's all good. I am literally having the time of my life! But now it's time for a good night's sleep. That won't be hard.
Love,
Michelle (future champion snowboarder j/k)

No comments:

Post a Comment