Sunday, April 12, 2009

uhhh... is this a dream?

Saturday March 4, 2009
Ok so we arrived in Kaprun, Austria today and it is amazing! I can't believe that I am actually in the Alps! Everything is just like a storybook here. The mountains are snow-capped and the valleys are green. I wish I didn't have to leave. The roads were a little jammed up but not too bad. And boy is driving on the Autobahn quick! I mean you get somewhere in a hurry! The Pension we are staying in is on a nice little mountain overlooking Kaprun. The woman who owns this place speaks with a strong Austrian dialect and is obviously friends with my uncle and aunt. She even baked our group two wonderful apple strudels one day.
So Uncle Falk signed me up for snowboard lessons and I'm super excited! One because snowboarding makes you look so cool and also because the snowboard instructors are all young, blonde, Austrian guys. haha! Just kidding! And tonight we kicked off the trip with the traditional family bar-b-q. Uncle Falk grilled some great meats. I think there was some chicken stuffed with fresh cheese! Yummy! And the weather was so wonderful this evening. We all just sat on the porch overlooking the small resort town and talked after dinner. What a perfect start to a wonderful experience!
All the people we are with on the trip are so nice. There are four teenage boys that I have to share an apartment with. But at least I get my own bed! Bring on the testosterone! haha They all seem to be nice boys. I'm positive this week will be awesome as long as I don't break my neck snowboarding! Woo!
More to come soon!
Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment